- Learn the Game – Before your next lucky nugget casino visit buy yourself a book about your favorite game. A good blackjack, craps, slots, roulette, baccarat or other book will probably cost you less than $25. It will give you some basic information on the game, some betting techniques and most likely some sound money management ideas. It will normally include some winning plays or strategies for your specific game. Most casino gift sores will have a good book right there on their shelves. Don’t expect to become an expert and quit your day job, but it could possibly help you win more on your next visit to the lucky nugget casino.
- Having a Winning Attitude – If you don’t have a positive mental attitude or PMA about winning, regardless of the specific game involved, don’t play. Don’t get in the game if you don’t feel good about it; lay off for that day or session. If you’re in the wrong mood, gamble another time. Subconsciously your focus on the game, your concentration and reflexes to the changing action will all be affected and it will show up as a low win-rate. We have all heard the song, “Save it for a rainy day.” if necessary, do the same when it comes to casino gaming. Save it for the next time if your PMA is not right.
- Helping to Hide Wins – To help disguise your wins and to prevent casino management from learning how good a player you really are, try letting your companion cash out some of your chips when leaving the lucky nugget casino. A note for make players: the cashier will sometimes telephone back to the pit telling them what you cashed out for. They generally won’t do that with a female player.
- Avoiding Crowds at Casinos – You don’t like crowds during the summer months or weekends? Try visiting a gaming destination on their off-deason periods. There are Las Vegas strip mega-hotels that offer one night stays in the price range of $10 to $20 a night. These are $80 to $120 rooms during peak seasons and on weekends. January and Feburay hotel prices are some of the lowest of the whole year. Also think about a Sunday through thursday visit instead of a week-end trip. That kind of schedule can save a lot of money which can be used for other things.
- Where to Practice – When it comes to learning and practicing your game, do it at home. It’s a lot cheaper to learn your new game, whichever one it is, in the comfort of your own home at online lucky nugget casino then it is in the land-based casino. When first learning a new game you are bound to make some mistakes. We know that the “school of hard knocks” is the best school, but it is also the most expensive one. Therefore you should do all your reading, studying and practicing at home, not at the casino.
- The Odds are Everything – In genera, blackjack is the mos favorable game in the casino. The house edge for blackjack ranges from about 0.80 percent to 1.30 percent, depending on the house rules and number of decks in play. Occasionally, single deck games can be found which give a slight edge to the player. The house edge fro other casino games is listed below. These numbers assume that optimal betting and a correct playing strategy is also used. Note that many forms of video poker are favorable to the player, although these machine as often difficult to find.
- Baccarat “bank” bet:
- Baccarat “player” bet:
- Craps line bets with single odds:
- Craps line bets with double odds:
- Keno (estimate):
- Progressive Video Poker (“8/5 payoffs):
- Roulette, double-zero wheel:
- Roulette, single-zero wheel (rare):
- Slot Machines:
- Video Poker (Deuces Wild):
- Video Poker (Jacks or Better):
20% to 25%
2.2% to -2%
4% to -1.7%
0.5% to -0.7%
- What Time to Play – Remember when visiting your favorite lucky nugget casino you should look at it as three casinos. They are open 24 hours a day, therefore, this 24-hour operation included’s a day, swing and grave shift. If you are a card counter, you will come in contact with three different floor men, pit bosses and dealers. A good scheduling plan will help you avoid over-exposure to any one casino staff.
- Learning a Different Casino Game – Learn to play different games in the lucky nugget casino. There will be days when your favorite game is not working for you. It doesn’t matter why, but sometimes you just have a bad day or it seems like nothing is going right, so the best Advice is to stop playing that game. If you know some other casino game you could switch and maybe the outcome of that session will change for the better. Also use another game as a diversion from your normal game. The change will freshen your mind and attitude.